Cherry Blossoms

Reflections of Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow......

Sunday, July 30, 2006

My first week at work

Hey everyone..i havent posted anything in a long long time. But here I am with good news. Finally after waiting so so long, I managed to secure a full time job. And to me, that's such a big relief. I got the call from Michelle (now my manager) the morning of July 18. My excitement and joy over the news were beyond words. Was supposed to start training the next day. Unfortunately, due to certain circumstances, I couldnt, which was why I opted to go in for training starting Saturday that same week.

My life has some-what changed every since. I've had such a great week at work. Everyone is so nice and friendly and helpful. They've been training and guiding me thru work. Giving me tips and pointers, teaching me tricks of the trade, and everything else i need to know. Whenever i'm confused over something, all I do is look at one of them, and they'll come to my rescue! That's really how nice they are. As for the actual "work" itself, I'm liking it. Not too much pressure, not to stressful. Although it's fast paced, it's still fun. I have a strong feeling i'm gonna be loving my job a lot (so long as all contributing factors remain the same).

Oh and btw, for those who don't know, I'm attached to this company called Fitness First. It's a chain of gyms. It's a global corporations which first started off in the UK. It's like all over the place, even in Malaysia. I think there's one in penang too. Island plaza if i'm not mistaken. The perks of this job are great too. As staff member, we're given free membership (which would otherwise cost at least $80Aud per month), 50% off all merchandise sold, and what's best is that I don't have to report to work at 8am every morning!! Ideal for me, as i'm such a pig who's so NOT a morning person..haha!

7 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 30, 2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger J-May said…

    Fitness First!!??Woooaa...wat a coincidence!I am Fitness First member toooo!But I am not locked into their membership contract one cos I rather pay $8/session. Fitness First is good!! U shud go n try, Wen!

     
  • At Monday, July 31, 2006 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Wenlynn said…

    may... not that i don wanna go la... have always wanted to go but my workinh place is so far from town... previously la.. now with new job, maybe more stable liao then i might plan to join either fitness first or maybe celebrity fitness or maybe clark hatch if they decided to place me in the kelawei road branch cos it's only next door! me gaining weight like nobody's business... pisses me off.. hahahaha... i need to lose the bloody fats!

     
  • At Tuesday, August 01, 2006 9:23:00 PM, Blogger *JaNicE* said…

    May: Good on ya! sometimes the contract can be a real hassle. And i think u save money too if u don't use the gym like at least 4 times a week :)

    Wen: yeah..u should try the gym..hopefully u'll be attached to a branch nearer to the gyms..hehe..so u can pop over during lunch break or after work.

    Ai ling: Thank u so much! About the swimming pool thing, i think it depends on how big the location really is actually. Even here, not all the places got swimming pool, its only a few that has them. And yeah..i'm waiting to hear good news too bout my PR..hopefully soon *crossing fingers*

     
  • At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:13:00 AM, Blogger Su En said…

    congrats janice!!! haha no wonder havent heard from you like in ages!! but then...i think it's the time difference too and when im online, you'll be offline, vice versa...haha i ws wondering how you were doing the other day!! and now we know you came out with good news!! congrats again!! and i wish everything will keep on going smooth for u!

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:03:00 PM, Blogger *JaNicE* said…

    thx en..yeah time difference is a major issue!! i wish u the same wish too ;)

     
  • At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:53:00 PM, Blogger Ling Wei said…

    Congratulations..is been such a long time i did not view our blog..
    Anyway happy tat u got ur first official job..

    Stay in touch oo

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:32:00 PM, Blogger *JaNicE* said…

    thanks!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home